Subscribe to Print
Subscribe to Digital
Give as a Gift
Free Product Guide >>
I just moved into a new townhouse with a large basement. I plan to use about1,000 sq. ft. for a shop.
I plan on drywalling the walls and ceilings. I several questioins as follows:
1. Since I live in the Chicago area I plan on using R-13 insulation on walls and ceiling. Should I consider more?
2. Since It's a townhouse I am concerned about noise. Should I consider special sound deadening insulation?
3. What should I do before the drywall to facilitate dust collecting.?
4.What should on put on the cement floor?
5. How much heat will I need?
6. Adding a 100amp sub panel for power,,,will outlets every 8-10 feet, 220 for table saw, and plan on using 8' HI Output
flourescent lights. Any other recommendations on electrical or lighting?
I've been waiting a long time to do this so I want to get it right. I would appreciate and comments and recommedations