Subscribe to Print
Subscribe to Digital
Give as a Gift
Free Product Guide >>
I am fine-tuning my Dewalt 735 thickness planer so that I can build a credenza for a friend, made almost entirely of highly figured curly maple (“luthier quality”). Obviously, the thickness planer needs to be tuned as good as I can get it.
I have studied John White’s Care and Repair of Shop Machines (Taunton Books) and its chapter on thickness planers and want to make the following adjustments:
1) Align cutter heads with the table (knives are not adjustable on the DW735);
2) Adjust infeed/outfeed roller heights to be parallel to the table;
3) Adjust infeed/outfeed roller heights relative to the arc of the knives;
4) Adjust space between chip-breaker and cutter head; and
5) Adjust space between pressure bar and cutter head
Dewalt’s very short DW735 manual provides no assistance on any of the above; and their web-site provides no help-line either via e-mail or phone.
It would be hard to believe that none of the above adjustments can be made.
Any help would I can get would be greatly appreciated.